White Chocolate Caramel Crunch
1 cup unsalted butter, cut into chunks
1 cup firmly-packed light brown sugar
Sea salt to taste
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup toasted sliced almonds, or other nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a rimmed baking sheet completely with foil, making sure the foil goes up and over the edges. Cover the foil with a sheet of parchment paper. Line the sheet with Croccantini, breaking extra pieces as necessary to cover the full sheet.
- In a 3-4 quart saucepan, melt the butter and brown sugar together, and cook over medium heat, stirring, until the butter is melted and the mixture is beginning to boil. Let boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove mixture from heat, stir in salt and vanilla, and pour over Croccantini, spreading with a heatproof spatula.
- Put the pan in the oven, and reduce the heat to 350F. Bake for 12-15 minutes, checking every few minutes for bubbling and to ensure it isn’t burning.
- Remove from oven immediately, and cover with chocolate chips. Let stand for 5 minutes. Once chocolate looks glossy, spread with spatula. Sprinkle with coarse sea salt and chopped nuts, if desired.
- Let cool completely, then break into pieces and store in an airtight container until ready to serve.