Grilled Pineapple with Nutella
A sweet dessert to finish off a great summer night’s grilling.
2 pineapples, peeled, cut crosswise into 1/2″-thick slices, with core removed
2/3 cup mascarpone cheese, room temperature
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread (e.g. Nutella)
6 Tbsp. whipping cream
Extra virgin olive oil
3 Tbsp. hazelnuts, chopped and toasted
1. Preheat outdoor barbeque to medium-high heat. If outdoor barbeque not available, use indoor grill pan on medium-high heat. Lightly oil grill using extra virgin olive oil.
2. Grill pineapples until heated through and beginning to brown, about 3 minutes per side.
3. While pineapples are cooking, whisk mascarpone and vanilla in a small bowl to blend, and set aside.
4. Combine chocolate-hazelnut spread and whipping cream in bowl, and stir to combine.
5. Place chocolate-hazelnut mixture in microwave and heat on high for about 2 minutes, stirring every 20 seconds to blend well.
6. Transfer pineapple slices to a large platter, and drizzle with warm chocolate-hazelnut mixture.
7. Dollop with mascarpone mixture, sprinkle with hazelnuts, and serve.