Cherries Jubilee a La Panzanella
1 pound Bing cherries, pitted
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup kirsch
4 Tbsp unsalted butter
Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add sugar and cherries, and stir to combine.
- Cook until cherries are tender, and sugar dissolves (about 5 minutes).
- Remove skillet from heat, add kirsch, and carefully ignite.
- Cook until flame is extinguished, stirring gently to make sure all kirsch is exposed to flame.
- Serve warm over vanilla ice cream with Croccantini.
Original recipe found at MarthaStewart.com