Roasted Red Pepper Spread
2 large red bell peppers, roasted, peeled, and seeded
1 1/2 cups hazelnuts, roasted and skinned
2 garlic cloves, peeled
2 tbsp sherry vinegar
1 tbsp coarsely chopped fresh rosemary
1 tbsp fresh marjoram or Italian oregano leaves
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
Dash of cayenne pepper
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Process all ingredients except the oil in a food processor or blender until the hazelnuts are finely ground.
- Stop the machine and scrape down the sides.
- With the machine running, add the olive oil in a steady stream. The sauce should have the consistency of thick salad dressing.
- Taste and add more salt or cayenne if desired.
- Store covered in the refrigerator for up to one week. Bring to room temperature before serving; if heating, don’t overheat or the sauce will break.