Jerk Chicken Pairing
Pair jerk chicken and fresh mango with a good amber IPA for a refreshing summer meal.
Jerk chicken is a spicy Jamaican specialty, and an easy, healthful summer alternative to barbecue.
1 tbsp Allspice
1 tbsp dried Thyme
1.5 tsp Cayenne pepper
1.5 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
1.5 tsp ground sage
0.75 tsp nutmeg
0.75 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp sugar
0.25 cup extra virgin olive oil
0.25 cup soy sauce
0.75 cup white vinegar
0.5 cup orange juice
1 lime (juiced)
1 habanero pepper, seeded & diced
3 green onion, diced
1 cup white onion, diced
10 garlic cloves – crushed
4 – 6 chicken breasts.
- Combine Allspice, thyme, Cayenne, black pepper, sage, nutmeg, cinnamon, and sugar.
- Combine olive oil, soy sauce, vinegar, orange juice, and lime juice in a separate bowl.
- Slowly pour liquid mixture into dry mixture, and whisk together.
- Once ingredients are fully mixed, stir in habanero, onions, and garlic.
- Add chicken, cover and marinate for at least 1 hour before grilling.
- After at least 1 hour, grill chicken for approximately 6 minutes per side, or until fully cooked. Brush chicken with marinade while on grill.
OPTIONAL: Boil marinade for at least 4 minutes and serve with grilled chicken as dipping sauce.