Holiday Salsa and Cranberry Avocado Salsa
Two Holiday Salsa Recipes That Will Impress Your Guests!
1 package (12oz) fresh or frozen cranberries
1 cup of sugar
6 green onions, sliced
½ cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
1 jalapeno pepper
1 package (8oz) cream cheese, softened
Cranberry Avocado Salsa:
1 tbs. fresh lime juice
2 tbs. honey
1 mind jalapeno
¼ cup red onion, chopped
2 ripe avocados, cut into 1/4 –inch pieces
¾ cup halved cranberries
2 tbs. fresh cilantro, chopped
Salt and pepper
Original recipes found at: www.marthastewart.com, www.tasteofhome.com
- Holiday Salsa:
- Pulse sugar and cranberries in food processor until coarsely chopped. Stir together with onion, cilantro and jalapeno. Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- To serve, place cream cheese on a serving plate. Drain salsa, spook over cream cheese.
- Cranberry Avocado Salsa:
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1 tbs. fresh lime juice, 2 tbs. honey, 1 minced jalapeno (seeds removed), and ¼ cup chopped red onion.
- Add 2 ripe avocados, cut into ¼ inch pieces, ¾ cup halved cranberries; drained will on paper towels and 2 tbs. chopped fresh cilantro. Season with salt and pepper, toss to combine.
- Serve with Rosemary or Original Croccantini Crackers!