Bacon and Leeks Dip
A hearty, savory dip for cool autumn days.
3 medium leeks, white and pale-green parts only, thinly sliced crosswise
6 strips of bacon, cooked until crisp and coarsely chopped
2 cups sour cream
6oz soft goat cheese
3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Cook leeks until caramelized, stirring often, about 35 minutes.
- Transfer leeks to a bowl, and let cool.
- Stir in sour cream, goat cheese, bacon, and salt to taste.
- Serve cool, or refrigerate for up to 3 days.