Autumn Glow Salad
A plant-powered salad with legumes and seasonal squash!
1 (2-lb.) butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2-in. cubes
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup dried green lentils
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
2 cups arugula
1 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese
Original recipe found at: www.cookinglight.com
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place squash, oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a bowl; toss to combine.
- Spread mixture in a single layer on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 400°F for 28 to 30 minutes, tossing once halfway through.
- Meanwhile, place lentils in a medium saucepan. Cover with water to 3 inches above lentils; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until lentils are tender. Drain. Stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, cumin, and red wine vinegar.
- Arrange arugula on a plate.
- Top with 1 cup butternut squash, 1/2 cup cooked lentils, and cheese.
- Drizzle preferred dressing or vinaigrette over top.
- Use tongs and spread on top of Full-Size Original Croccantini crackers!