Roast Salmon with Miso Butter
A rich, flavorful dish great for summer dinners, with a tasty radish salad.
4 6oz center-cut salmon filets
2 Tbsp red miso paste
2 Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 tsp toasted sesame oil
2 Tbsp unseasoned rice vinegar
6 radishes, thinly sliced
1/2 cucumber, coarsely chopped
2 scallions, thinly sliced
1 small jalapeño, sliced and seeded
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp fresh ginger, ground
2 Tbsp chopped mint
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp togarashi
Kosher salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. In a small bowl, mash butter with miso paste until blended.
3. Rub salmon all over with 2 Tbsp of the extra virgin olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and arrange on baking dish.
4. Spread the miso butter over the top of the fillets, and roast until just opaque throughout, about 15 minutes.
5. Transfer salmon to a platter.
6. While salmon is baking, whisk the remaining 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a large bowl with the sesame oil and vinegar; reserve 1 tablespoon of the dressing.
7. Add remaining ingredients to dressing, season with salt and pepper to taste, and toss well.
8. Drizzle reserved dressing over salmon and serve with salad.