Marinated Manchego and Oranges
A medley of bright summer flavors, great for parties at home or at a friend’s.
8oz Manchego cheese, cut into thin wedges
1 orange, thinly sliced
4 fresh thyme sprigs
1/2 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 small assorted tomatoes, sliced or cut up
1/2 cup of whole almonds, toasted
1. Place cheese, orange slices, thyme, and pepper into a wide-mouthed canning jar. Add oil to cover cheese.
2. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours, or up to 3 days.
3. Let stand at room temperature for at least 1 hour before serving.
4. Place cheese and oranges on a serving platter. Top with tomatoes, fresh thyme, sprigs, and almonds.
5. Drizzle with some of the marinating oil, and serve with Mini Black Pepper Croccantini.