Korean-style Beef Barbeque
2 1/2 lbs. rib eye beef, thinly sliced
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
2 tsp. sesame oil
4 tsp. crushed garlic
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 Tbsp. rice wine (sake)
Pinch black pepper
1/2 piece fresh kiwi, juiced in a blender
1 Tbsp. soybean paste (miso)
2 tsp. red pepper sauce
1 tsp. salad oil
2 Tbsp. water
Green onions (optional)
1. Trim all fat off beef, and sprinkle each piece evenly with brown sugar. Let sit for 10 minutes.
2. In separate bowl, mix soy sauce, sesame oil, 2 tsp. garlic, sugar, sake, and brown pepper. Set aside.
3. Massage beef with kiwi juice using your hands. Kiwi juice will help to tenderize the beef.
4. Add soy sauce mixture and mix.
5. Allow beef to marinade for 10 minutes (the thinness of the beef allows for a short marination period).
6. Grill over wood fire, or conventional barbeque, frying pan, or skillet. Cook until browned, being careful not to overcook.
7. Combine soybean paste, 2 tsp. garlic, red pepper sauce, salad oil, and 2 Tbsp water in a pan, and cook on low heat for 15-20 minutes. Serve on side as dipping sauce.
8. Serve on Croccantini with dipping sauce on side, and sliced green onions if desired.