Grilled Tomatoes, Olives and Mozzarella
A new take on caprese with a natural balance of sweet and savory.
1 cup pitted, marinated olives, roughly chopped
¼ cup packed basil, chopped
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
3 large tomatoes. Sliced 1/3 inches thick
½ teaspoon kosher salt
2 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
Original recipe found at: www.giadzy.com
- In a small bowl, mix together the olives, basil and olive oil. Set aside.
- Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Lay out the tomato and cheese slices and season on all sides with the salt and olive oil.
- Please the tomato slices on the preheated grill and grill for about 2 minutes per side, or until the edges begin to brown.
- Transfer the tomatoes from the grill to a platter and while still hot, shingle with the mozzarella cheese slices to warm and soften the cheese.
- Spoon the olive mixture over the top and serve on Original Croccantini crackers.