Creamy Garlic Pasta with Crispy Brussel Sprouts
A creamy and flavorful dish that is sure to make any family meal night a hit.
8oz dry Gemelli pasta
1 tbs. olive oil
1 shallot, diced
2 cups shredded Brussel sprouts
3 tbs. butter
4 cloves garlic, diced
1 cup milk
1 cup vegetable broth
2 tbs. flour
Salt and pepper to taste
Fresh parsley, chopped, for optional garnish
*Garlic Croccantini on the side*
Original recipe found at: www.thissavoryvegan.com
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add shallot, brussel sprouts and salt & pepper (to taste). Sauté until shallots become translucent and brussel sprouts begin to brown, stirring frequently. Using a slotted spoon, place the veggies on a plate and set aside.
- Place pan back on the stove and lower heat to medium. Add butter, garlic, milk, veggie broth and flour to the pan. Whisk until flour is incorporated.
- Simmer on low for 5 minutes to allow sauce to thicken. Add salt & pepper and stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Remove from heat.
- Add drained pasta to the sauce and stir to combine. Top pasta with Brussel sprouts and shallot and serve with Garlic Croccantini crackers.