With mozzarella, asiago, and ricotta cheeses, our asparagus pizzantini is a great option for a light lunch, snack, or appetizer.
5-6 thick asparagus stalks (~1/2lb.)
1 clove garlic, pressed
3 large basil leaves, chopped
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1/4 cup shredded asiago cheese
1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Shave the asparagus into thin slices using a mandolin or vegetable peeler.
3. Toss asparagus with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
4. Sprinkle Roasted Garlic Croccantini with an even layer of mozzarella and asiago cheeses, and arrange asparagus slices on top.
5. Bake in oven until cheese is melted and bubbling, Croccantini begins to brown, and asparagus becomes slightly wilted (approx. 5 minutes).
6. Remove from oven and immediately top with dollops of ricotta cheese. Let stand for 1-2 minutes, then cut into slices with a very sharp knife and serve.