Tomato, Prosciutto, Gruyere Bites
Deliciously savory bites, great for a light lunch or a heavy appetizer.
1 beefsteak tomato, peeled and thinly sliced
1/2 pound Gruyere cheese, thinly sliced
2oz thinly sliced prosciutto
2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 garlic clove
1 tsp dry white wine
1/2 tsp kirsch (optional)
Freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat the oven to broil.
2. Rub both sides of Mini Croccantini with garlic clove, and then brush with olive oil and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
3. In a small bowl, combine white wine and kirsch and sprinkle lightly over Croccantini.
4. Place prosciutto on Croccantini first, followed by a slice of tomato, and top with a slice of Gruyere.
5. Broil Croccantini until cheese has begun to bubble and melt, keeping a close eye to make certain they do not burn.
6. Sprinkle with paprika and pepper, and serve hot.