Tomato Cucumber Salad
1 Kirby cucumber, unpeeled, quartered lengthwise and sliced
1 cup pear tomatoes, sliced in rounds
3 pepperoncini peppers, stemmed and minced
1/4 lemon, juiced
1 clove garlic
1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Smash the garlic clove, and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of salt.
2. Using the flat side of a large knife, crush the garlic and smear it into a paste.
3. Put the garlic paste into a large bowl, and stir in the olive oil and lemon juice.
4. Add tomatoes, cucumber, pepperoncini, and dill, and gently toss.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste, and serve with Mini Roasted Garlic Croccantini.