Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Apricot Glaze
A light, sweet pork dish with a spicy kick, perfect as a heavy appetizer or main course dish.
2 pork tenderloins (approx. 1 1/2 lbs each)
4 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 cup apricot jam
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
3 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1 small red onion, finely chopped
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
1/2 habanero chile, seeded and finely chopped
1 tsp. ground cumin seeds
2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
Extra fresh cilantro for garnish
Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
1. Preheat grill to high.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of the extra virgin olive oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
3. Add onion and garlic, and cook, stirring, until soft, about 5 minutes.
4. Add lime juice, 3 cups of orange juice, and habanero chile and bring mixture to a boil. Cook until reduced by half.
5. Whisk in cilantro and cumin, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. In a small bowl, whisk together apricot jelly, Dijon mustard, and remaining 1/4 cup of orange juice together.
7. Season apricot mixture with salt and pepper to taste.
8. Brush pork with 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, and season it with salt and pepper.
9. Set aside a few tablespoons of the apricot mixture for brushing the cooked pork.
10. Grill pork for 4-5 minutes per side, brushing frequently with apricot mixture.
11. Remove pork from grill, brush with apricot mixture once more, and let sit for 10 minutes.
12. Slice pork into 1/4 inch-thick slices, and place on Original Mini Croccantini.
13. Drizzle reduced orange juice mixture over each Croccantini, and add cilantro for garnish, if desired.