Blue Cheese and Shrimp Dip
A great savor dip for any occasion!
2 1/2 lbs. unpeeled, large raw shrimp
1 cup crumbled blue cheese
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup sweet onion, diced
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 celery rib
4 green onions, finely chopped
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp. salt (more to taste)
1/2 tsp. freshly cracked pepper (more to taste)
Assorted vegetables for serving
1. Peel shrimp; devein if desired.
2. Heat olive oil in skillet and sauté until tender (approximately 3 minutes).
3. Stir in shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turns pink.
4. Transfer mixture to a bowl, and let sit for 15 minutes.
5. Chop shrimp, and return to bowl.
6. Stir in remaining ingredients (except assorted vegetables), cover and chill for 4 hours.
7. Serve, or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
8. Serve with your favorite Croccantini and assorted raw vegetables.