For applicants submitting applications to our Tukwila location, please send your resume together with a brief description why you are qualified for this position, and your pay expectations to email@example.com.
Quality Assurance Compliance Specialist, Tukwila, WA
Join us as the Quality Assurance Compliance Specialist to help produce addictively good, artisanal crackers! We are a mid-sized, privately owned food manufacturing company and are looking for a proactive, experienced Quality Assurance professional to become a part of our team!
General Purpose of the Position
- Using knowledge of food industry regulatory standards and the requirements of third party auditors (AIB, Silliker, BRC, ISO) position will audit and inspect processes and practices at manufacturing facility to ensure compliance with company policies, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), and those mandated by customers.
- Conducts audits and inspections of procedures used in all areas of the plant.
- Conducts follow up corrective actions with managers and supervisors to ensure facility compliance.
- Provides training in sanitation and food safety policies to ensure facility compliance.
- Keeps informational paperwork current including certificates of analysis and SDS sheets.
- In charge of Hold Log and ensures that proper Hold procedures are being followed.
- Participates in the investigation of and response to, customer complaints.
- Maintains records and databases of training sessions and content and assists with data collection and analysis projects.
- Tests and inspects product at specified stages in the manufacturing process to ensure compliance with specifications.
- Reviews, verifies, files and maintains records relating to product safety, regulatory, and quality systems.
- Provides expertise on food/HACCP regulatory standards as key member of QA team.
- Ensures that all job tasks are performed in compliance with all food safety and quality management system rules, procedures, policies and guidelines.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Kosher, Halal and Non-GMO principles and safe food handling procedures.
- Ability to present training materials in a manufacturing setting.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office computer skills, and experience working with data analysis and problem solving tools.
- Excellent analytical skills and detail oriented.
- Ability to operate effectively and be flexible in a dynamic environment.
- Spanish Language skills, fluent bilingual highly preferred
Education and Experience Required
- Minimum Associates Degree in related science or business, with minimum two (2) years of Quality Assurance experience in a food manufacturing facility, including knowledge of quality assurance methodologies and implementation within the manufacturing environment; or
- Bachelor of Science degree in related science or business; or
- Any combination of education and experience that provides the same expertise.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org together with a brief description why you are qualified for this position, and your pay expectations.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship. Must be able to pass background check and drug test. No phone calls, agencies, or third parties.
Madrona Specialty Foods is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Our company participates in the E-Verify program.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act, should you have a disability that requires assistance and / or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department at email@example.com.
Seattle area-based La Panzanella® Artisanal Foods Co. is part of the privately-owned company, Madrona Specialty Foods. Our mission is to create uniquely crafted and always delicious artisan foods. From our all natural, non-GMO verified line of Italian Croccantini® crackers to our European inspired all natural, Dolcetini artisan cookies, our products are made with recipes and traditions handed down through generations and preserved today. Learn more at www.lapanzanella.com.