Why should you work for us?
As an employee of Madrona Specialty Foods you will enjoy a friendly, welcoming workplace where people support each other and treat everybody with respect, and strive for continuous improvement. Additionally, you would be eligible to receive a benefits package that includes Medical Benefits, 401(k), Paid Time Off and more! See what our employees had to say about working with us in a recent survey we conducted:
“Amazing company to work for. Good culture, fun, high energy and lots of reasons to stay!”
“MSF is Team oriented everyone does what they need to do to get the job done, aside from business, we get the opportunity to do fun things most companies do not provide their employees.”
“MSF is a group of friendly, focused individuals – continuously striving for improvements while each doing their part in producing topnotch quality product.”
If this sounds like the place for you, please send your resume together with a brief description of why you are qualified for this position!
For applicants submitting applications to our Tukwila location, please send your resume together with a brief description why you are qualified for this position, and your pay expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Madrona Specialty Foods, maker of LaPanzanella Croccantini crackers and other fine food products, has an exciting opportunity in our Corporate Offices in Tukwila, WA for an experienced Cost Analyst to lead the Operations Finance responsibilities for the business. If you are a proven collaborator with the ability to prioritize and manage changing priorities in a fast-paced environment and possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills at all organizational levels, then this is the perfect fit for you!
General Purpose of the Position
- This position leads the Operations Finance responsibilities for the business. Focus will be on cost accounting, inventory control, month end close, and having the responsibility for overall integrity of related general ledger accounts. Provides analysis of manufacturing costs, including product and plant profitability, to assist leadership in determining the root causes of variances; participates in the planning process, and identifies cost improvement opportunities.
- Maintain the standard cost system, support new products, and ongoing updates as well as a growing knowledge of our cost structure and cost drivers.
- Complete Operations Finance month-end close, prepare monthly account reconciliations, analysis and reporting for the Finance and Operations organizations.
- Serve as Finance’s liaison with Operations for inventory management and control.
- Develop/maintain bill of materials as cross-team support for Purchasing and Operations.
- Assist plant management in the development and analysis of the annual operating budget.
- Proactively support ongoing needs of manufacturing systems as well as serve as a key participant in any upgrade projects.
- Develop and implement best practices, optimizing our newly installed systems, establishing appropriate process controls, and maintaining the appropriate documentation to help guide our organization.
- Provide financial analysis to support cost improvement efforts.
- Ensure that all job tasks are performed in compliance with all food safety and quality management system rules, procedures, policies and guidelines.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Ability to prioritize and manage changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in MS Office products, including Excel, Access, and Pivot. Power BI and Power Pivot preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills at all organizational levels.
- Proven collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to manage cost accounting systems in an ERP environment.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum two (2), ideally five (5) years of Cost Accounting/Operations Finance experience.
- Prior experience in food manufacturing or process/batch manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Hands-on ERP experience is strongly preferred—MS NAV preferred.
Join us as our PACKAGING SPECIALIST in our efforts to produce addictively good artisanal crackers and cookies! We are looking for experienced packers to work on one of our shifts packing products into containers, trays, boxes and cartons to prepare for retail distribution. May operate various packaging machines and technology to label, seal and wrap product. Our 1st shift operates 5:00 am – 1:30 pm, 2nd Shift operates 1:00 pm to 9:30 pm and 3rd shift operates 9:00pm to 5:30 am.
We will be conducting interviews weekly! Submit your resume and tell us which shift you’d like to work on to receive an interview appointment!
Qualified applicants for this position will have the following:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); Or one to three months related experience; Or any combination of education and experience that provides the same expertise.
• Ability use hand eye coordination to break, weight, and package products.
• Ability to work at fast pace to break, weigh and package products, as determined by a moving production line.
• Ability to use repetitive, fast hand-finger movements to break, weight, and package products.
• Ability to learn and apply approved quality standards to products on the production line.
• Ability to learn how to operate various packaging machines and technology to label, seal and wrap product.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, and task related training in English language.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, and common fractions.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Ability to deal with problems involving more than one concrete variable in standardized situations.
• If needed for special orders, place nutritional / ingredient label made by supervisor on package.
• Place fully packaged products into case boxes; operates case sealer machinery.
• Prepare and mix flavored powder, operate tumbler machine to coat product.
• Pack coated product into containers and weighs to ensure product meets specified weight requirement, add or removes product as necessary to maintain packaged weight.
• Test packaging according to Quality Control schedule and guidelines.
• Report issues/concerns to direct supervisor.
• Ensure that all job tasks are performed in compliance with all food safety and quality management system rules, procedures, policies and guidelines.
For applicants submitting applications to our Charlotte location, please send your resume together with a brief description why you are qualified for this position, and your pay expectations to email@example.com.
Madrona Specialty Foods, maker of LaPanzanella Croccantini crackers and other fine food products, has an exciting opportunity in our Charlotte, NC Production plant for a Quality Assurance Compliance Specialist! We are seeking an experienced Quality Assurance professional with a food manufacturing background to audit and inspect processes and practices at our Charlotte manufacturing facility to ensure compliance with company policies, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and other regulatory bodies.
General Purpose of the Position
- Using knowledge of food industry regulatory standards and the requirements of third party vendors (AIB, Siliker, BRC, ISO) position will audit and inspect processes and practices at manufacturing facility to ensure compliance with company policies, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), and those mandated by customers.
- Conducts audits and inspections of procedures used in all areas of the plant.
- Conducts follow up corrective actions with managers and supervisors to ensure facility compliance.
- Provides training in sanitation and safety policies to ensure facility compliance.
- Keeps informational paperwork current including certificates of analysis and SDS sheets.
- Maintains Hold Log and ensures that proper Hold procedures are being followed.
- Participates in the investigation of and response to, customer complaints.
- Maintains records and databases of training sessions and content and assists with data collection and analysis projects.
- Tests and inspects product at specified stages in the manufacturing process to ensure compliance with specifications.
- Reviews, verifies, files and maintains records relating to product safety, regulatory, and quality systems.
- Provides expertise on food/HACCP regulatory standards as key member of QA team.
- Oversee Pest Control program for the plant
- Ensures that all job tasks are performed in compliance with all food safety and quality management system rules, procedures, policies and guidelines.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Kosher, Halal, and Non-GMO principles and safe food handling procedures.
- Ability to present training materials in a manufacturing setting.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office computer skills, and experience working with data analysis and problem solving tools.
- Excellent analytical skills and detail oriented.
- Ability to operate effectively and be flexible in a dynamic environment.
Education and Experience Required
- Minimum Associates Degree in related science or business, with minimum two (2) years of Quality Assurance experience in a food manufacturing facility, including knowledge of quality assurance methodologies and implementation within the manufacturing environment; or
- Bachelor of Science degree in related science or business; or
- Any combination of education and experience that provides the same expertise.
Join us as our 1st Shift Warehouse Team Member in our efforts to produce addictively good artisanal crackers and cookies in our manufacturing facility located near the North Lake Mall in Charlotte! We are seeking an experience warehouse worker to receive, store, and distribute material, tools, equipment, and products within the plant. The Warehouse Team Member also maintains the control and distribution of all raw materials, packaging materials, and finished goods produced or received in to the plant. The work schedule is Monday – Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
- Receives items by unloading vehicles; accepting deliveries & unpacking containers.
- Verifies items received by inspecting condition of items; comparing count/measure of items to purchase order and packing list; noting any discrepancies.
- Document items received by recording identifying information manually and electronically.
- Using RF Scanner technology scans materials and/or processes transactions in warehousing and inventory software programs.
- Processes shipments using FedEX, UPS and/or other shipping software programs.
- Understands the appropriate requirements in the use of code dates and product rotation supporting first in First In First Out philosophy (FIFO), and understand customer acceptance date codes.
- Understands and demonstrates the ability to accurately and effectively select and build outbound customer orders according to the sales order for over the road less than truck load, full truck load, ocean container and small parcel orders.
- Understands inventory principles and accurate receiving and slotting of all inbound inventory items.
- Inspects all inbound and outbound trailers prior to loading or unloading to insure there is no damage, pest activity or other issues that would compromise product quality.
- Insures that all company and department procedures are supported and followed.
- Operates and performs safety inspections on all materials handling equipment assigned to Warehouse Department, Forklifts and Electric Pallet Jacks.
- Maintains personal and product safety.
- Demonstrates knowledge of safe and effective loading and unloading of trailers.
- Willingly performs manual labor requiring physical strength to support loading and unloading of import and export containers by hand as well as palletizing floor loaded freight.
- Supports all safety and GMP requirements at all times.
- Follows all warehouse and company work instructions as they apply to the position.
- Maintains a safe and sanitary work area at all times.
- Willingly maintains daily housekeeping standards and requirements.
- Works with and supports other departments and employees on a daily basis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Forklift certification
- Ability to utilize basic computer skills, including but not limited to warehouse/ production and/or inventory related software, MS Office software programs.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Ability to store and pull product according to FIFO and FEFO principles.
- Ability to apply company policies and procedures, including but not limited to GMP to own direct work area.
- Ability to accurately and timely fill in paperwork in English language.
- Very strong attention to detail.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, and common fractions.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to adapt and respond positively, effectively and efficiently to change, delay and/or shifting priorities and goals.
- Good verbal communication skills in English language.
- Attendance/punctuality; is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability; follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Completes work in timely manner.
Education and Experience Required
- High school diploma, or similar, and
- Three to six months related experience,
- Or any combination of education and experience that provides the same expertise.